Saturday, April 4, 2020

30 Poems In 30 Days Poem 4

About Dawn...

If I tell Dawn..."I'm building a time machine and going back to the 60's"
She would replay..."You are probably going to need some anti-matter...I think I know a guy.
Also  Ray...I'm not saying your head is nappy...Buuuuut don't for get to take some Afro Ceen."

I have never told Dawn about any of my dreams not to have her push me farther down that road. She is not the one to say "that won't work out" or she won't explain "time is a mostly human construct that is only physical in our minds to help process our existence. So you could no more go back in time than you could visit yourself , telling me about this time machine a few minutes ago."

So when Dawn hipped me to Nikki Giovanni's
YOU CAME TOO
I held on to a simple3 words from the poem
I Found You....

In tribute to my friend
Dawn this is my poem

I FOUND YOU



I guestimate there must be
half a trillion stars, galaxies, planets
that God manages behind the moon while we sleep at night.
I believe there are maybe half a billion alternate realities
some how we both found ourselves on earth

On earth
There are approximately
57,308,738 square miles of land
And Whatever You Would Call Texas
Some how we both wound up in
America

in the 21st century there are 5 categorized races
these races speak roughly 6,500 languages
and what ever they speak in Texas
some how
we both found ourselves
Black and Speaking English
PEARLS
are the only gem stones that come
from living creatures
and I was looking for something
that would be valued by 5 races speaking over 6000 languages
and what you were seeking
I don't know
But I bet of the 7.5 Billion people in the world
you were looking for a couple
shaped more like
Idras Elba

The average person will
DREAM
136,875 dreams
during their life
and we could both multiply that number by 4
each
because we're above average dreamers

But out of all the numbers
God threw in his hat
called the universe and time
I found you

And I would not trade all
the pearls
in all
the galaxies
or alternate realities
nor any of the 7.5 billion people shaped like
Thelma from Good Times
for  you 
a friend
that pushes me out into the world with my dreams and says
"you go be great"

Out of 365 Days of The Year
We Found Each Other on The Same Day
in the same space
and I have treasured our friendship
every day since





____________

Thanks for reading.
In these hard times
please consider making a donation of
a kind word
positive vibe
or financial donation via Paypal at

RaymondCTyler@Gmail.com
__________________

Please Support Our Live Virtual Events and Sponsor
Please Continue To Shop At
The Labelle Art Gallery
Open 7 Days A Week at
www.Lanelleartgallery.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FILM AND STREAM CLUB: DAVEY AND GOLIATH EASTER SHOW

Where do the years go. I remember being 7 or 8 and waking up early one Easter morning. Even though I am Seventh Day Adventist m...