Saturday, February 29, 2020

TRAILER PARK with Ray The Closer: CANDYMAN 2020

Trailer Park Is Raymond Tyler's Movie Trailer Review Column.
Here he will discuss  trailers, give no spoilers and let you know how he would rate the film...based on the trailer.


NAME CALLING....
A review of the CANDYMAN 2020 Trailer


 
Jordan Peele is back again and it's safe to say...what he did for comedy  in the 2010's ….he is continuing to do with horror and sci-fi.

For the record: I hate comparing white and black film makers. In most cases it's lazy ...like the comparisons to Spike Lee and Woody Allen.....BUT.....

Peele really reminds me of a modern day Rod Serling in that he can create classic sci-fi, horror and fantasy almost as if he were born in "the fifth dimension." He can take an old over used camp fire story like "the man with a hook for a hand.." and create something scary and thought provoking.

I didn't see the original Candyman...the black guy as a super killer turned me way off.

With this 2020 version, the story is bloody, uber violent, will have women's groups yelling and writing but there is a story beyond it that I want to see based on the trailer.

The trailer starts with a basic amount of slaughter...teen slaughter...but most of the trailer is filled with great acting and story telling.

I'm not saying who's in it...watch the trailer.
I will say this.

Based on the trailer CANDYMAN will be a fun ride for fans of the original. People that are late to the party though will probably say this one is better. I personally am not a slaughter fan at all...but I may see this film because just like the original Wes Craven ...Nightmare On Elm Street....my love of a great story often trumps my hate for over the top violence.

I give the trailer 5 stars out of 5 stars.
The trailer makes me want to see the film.
I don't feel like they shoved all the great stuff into the trailer.
I feel based on the trailer...you'll want to see this is a very crowded theater not just because film looks better on the big screen.
But because … I dare you to watch this film at home alone...or near a mirror.
_________________

Thanks For Watching
Please Share
Please Support Our Sponsors and Live Events
To Sponsor Our Blog or Live Events contact Ray The Curator Tyler at RaymondTyler2018@Gmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FILM AND STREAM CLUB: DAVEY AND GOLIATH EASTER SHOW

Where do the years go. I remember being 7 or 8 and waking up early one Easter morning. Even though I am Seventh Day Adventist m...