Saturday, April 4, 2020

30 Poems In 30 Days: Poem Number 3

So many people have walked into my life over the years and taken what they wanted and left and never looked back. It happens and that is not a complaint because what I give I give freely eyes wide open.

Then there are a few like Michelle.
She stays and chats and cheers.
She teaches.
She learns.
She takes what I have to give and promises....
We gone make this culture better.
I'm gone put my every thing..in every thing you gave me
and we gone see what this love make it look like.

Michelle Moseley is obviously as beautiful a creation as God ever gifted the planet...
but if you her heart because of her smile...
YOU playing yourself ….

So ladies and gentlemen please enjoy this poem in tribute to
Michelle Moseley

__________

STAR 20 (20)

Stars
are not born
God plants their light in the sky
like passion fruit
then
God plucks them when ripe
send STARS
to
replant them self on earth
cause
NATURAL LIGHT
comes in mysterious ways
MICHELLE
is a gift of song and sunrise
I move out her way
cause
Her words so hot
she's given flames
3rd degree burns
I give her space because I've seen her spit words so cold
ice shivered and had goose bumps
MICHELLE
is
CLEOPATRA
with a pen
and when I am under her words I sometimes feel like
just another Egyptian citizen
But that's just the surface
Just the view from the front row
STARS
are not born
MICHELLE
was not ripped from the runway
RIPPING THE RUN WAY
MICHELLE
was not
sent to give
GOOD MIC
for a minute 
MICHELLE
is bigger
than
twitter, Instagram, facebook or snap chat
and outshines all the little poets
that were hot for a minute on
black planet
a.o.l
and
myspace
MICHELLE
is not a
poetry star
rap star
rock star
she is a
REAL STAR
She is not looking for the spot light
she brings the light to everyone in every spot she's ever been in
and she didn't even need this poem
to say so
it's just that when
God
himself
blesses US
I think the most beautiful thing I can do is
 be thankful...

                                           _________________


Please Consider Making a Donation
of a Kind Word
Encouragement
or
PayPal Donation at
RaymondCTyler@gmail.com


_____________
Please support our sponsor and upcoming virtual events.

Please RSVP at Event Brite
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-south-jersey-census-2020-teleconference-town-hall-tickets-101851141506?fbclid=IwAR1AINXHkB7TmvY1fI5443UIpiueamnepYfkHMZ8G6jetPdFgCKRuNkZAfw


Please Continue To Support
The Labelle Art Gallery
Open 24 Hours A Day at
www.LabelleArtGallery.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FILM AND STREAM CLUB: DAVEY AND GOLIATH EASTER SHOW

Where do the years go. I remember being 7 or 8 and waking up early one Easter morning. Even though I am Seventh Day Adventist m...