Tuesday, March 31, 2020

National Poetry Month : Poem Number One


For inspiration I went back one of my favorite books.

The Dancing Bear by Laura McCullough

She has a poem on page 61 called The Intention of Sky and Love.
(If she grants me permission to reprint it here? I will share)

Her poem, inspired this...
Poetry Looks At Creation Poem Number One
National Poetry Month 30 Poems in 30 days
Day One-Poem One

The Intention Of The Sky
Inspired by a poem from Laura McCullough


And just before hitting the "on" switch for earth...
God said
I'm gonna gift mankind a sky
One of the men on God's staff said
"Really?
I mean their men.
It'll take them at least a hundred years to get more than 15..20 feet off the ground."
God sighed and said
"I know...and who knows how much longer if they aren't smart enough to work with the women I gave them."
Then one of the women on God's staff said...
"Yeesh. If these men creatures are that dense why waste a sky on them at all."
God answered
"Because...For The Best Reason in The Universe"
(translated in English means Because I Love Them)
"I am gifting them the sky...
to bless them with something reach for...
and...
to have one place in their world...where they can share all their dreams
in any language they choose."


The man on God's staff looked at his own wings and wondered what adventures he missed because he always just flew "Because... because."
(translated means Because We Always)

The woman on God's staff put a gentle hand on God's shoulder and said...
"God...That's Beautiful"
God Smirked That Same Smirk He Gave Basket Ball Players When They Hit A Game Winning Shot
and answered them both...
"I Know Right? That's why I'm God" 


_____________________

Please support our sponsors

Please Visit and Shop at The Labelle Art Gallery
Always Open For Business at
www.LabelleArtGallery.com



4 comments:

THE FILM AND STREAM CLUB: DAVEY AND GOLIATH EASTER SHOW

Where do the years go. I remember being 7 or 8 and waking up early one Easter morning. Even though I am Seventh Day Adventist m...