Tuesday, March 31, 2020

National Poetry Month 2020

Welcome To National Poetry Month 2020

So here we are.
These pages have been quiet because I frankly hate to say a lot when there isn't a lot positive to say.

However...here we are.

The Bad News

I won't go into all the bad news.
If I look at all the bad news...I honestly won't hang on to get to the good news.

So at this point I am wrapping my mind around the fact that last year was one of the best National Poetry Months ever.

Also with partners like The Labelle Art Gallery and The Otto Brunys Free Public Library of Northfield, this year was set to be even better.

I am wrapping my mind around the fact for us there will be no stages, few if any interviews, no radio station or gallery or even living room events.

I could go on but when I read this later I will probably think "you gave this crap sandwich too much oxygen." Yeah I know I mixed metaphors there but that's part of the good news.

There is Good News
1. With everything that's going on right now...If you are upset with my grammar or sentence structure?  "BLEEP" YOU!

2. We Are Here!
We are living in April 2020 and if you are reading this? Like me you are enjoying many luxuries we would not have been able to claim just 25 years ago.
(Although I would argue the greed of the present day is one of the reasons why we are here)


Sadly we all have friends that we hugged and kissed last National Poetry Month that are no longer here...but we are. We Should Still Celebrate Being Here and The Gift of Poetry and Art Every Day!

3. DAMMIT IT IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH

HELL TO THE YES! I would rather be doing so many exciting things with poetry and reading out in the real world. However, this the only National Poetry Month we getting this year.

So fawning over all the wonderfulness that is now a crap salad does not move the ball up the field.
(I Know...I look forward to you telling me to stop it in person)
What we can do and what I will try to do is look at
my blog, my radio show, my social media and other tech to make National Poetry Month 2020
the best it can be...if most likely not the best ever.
_____________

No Sponsors at The Moment
No Live Events


However if you would like to make any kind of donation to lift my spirits or to encourage/support the creation of new content?

Please you can submit kind words, beautiful art, prayers, or if you see fit a paypal donation to...
raymondctyler@gmail.com

And I hope that very soon I will have sponsors and some sort of live events in this section very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FILM AND STREAM CLUB: DAVEY AND GOLIATH EASTER SHOW

Where do the years go. I remember being 7 or 8 and waking up early one Easter morning. Even though I am Seventh Day Adventist m...