Sunday, April 5, 2020

FILM and STREAM

5 Favorite Black and White TV Shows!



1. The Twilight Zone

If you don't know why?
Ask one of your friends with good taste.
But be prepared for a long gasp...then be prepared for a long list of
"this one time....but I don't wanna give too much a way."

Favorite memory...Watching Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up with my brother one snow day on Channel 11.
It's still much more fun to watch with him.



2.  (Jackie Gleason Presents)
The Honeymooners 
(with Art Carney, Audrey Meadows and Joyce Randolf)

As with The Twilight...I owe my love for The Honeymooners to the 1980's programmers of NYC's Channel 11.

All through my highschool years The Honeymooners was the last thing I watched before going to bed.
Favorite Moment: So many but I have to go with 
"The Chef Of The Future" close second is when Ralph is on the game show.
I laughed so hard when I first saw these.


3. I LOVE LUCY

I Love Lucy may be better than The Honeymooners.
There is no show that has both inspired so many changes in TV and still inspires comedy writers, actors and staff.

Not only funny...but Ricky and Fred reading a paper of a Sunday Morning are still dressed better than some corporate executives I know. I have literally seen some of their gear and went and tried to get suits that looked just as nice.

Favorite Memory: Honestly...studying how I Love Lucy changed TV with tape delay and how Desi Lu became the first BIIIIIG DEAL in TV.

Funny Memory: Lucy's Commercial...

4. Wagon TrainAfter years of arguing with my dad about how hokey westerns were. I came across Wagon Train only to realize....
one of my favorite TV shows STAR TREK
is just Wagon Train set in space.
A great anthology series that always brought out amazing guest stars.

Favorite Memory: The Tobias Jones Story starring
Lou Costello in a rare dramatic role.



5. The Addams Family

From the great strips of Charles Addams. This may be the greatest/truest comic strip to TV show ever.
As a kid I loved The Munsters better...but as a think too much man?

The Addams Family is easily my favorite of the 2.

Favorite Memory: Gomez ringing his ridiculous bell from anywhere in the house or the yard or sub basement and Lurch is right there! 




SO WHAT ARE YOU FAVORITES?
WHAT IS YOUR LIST?

____________

Thanks for Reading.
Please Take The Time To Donate
Some Kind Words
Positive Energy
Or If Possible
A Few Dollars To Help Us Keep Going and Grow
RaymondCTyler@Gmail.com
_____-

Please Support Our Sponsors and Virtual Events






Please Continue To Shop and Support
The Labelle Art Gallery
Please Shop Online at
www.LabelleArtGallery.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FILM AND STREAM CLUB: DAVEY AND GOLIATH EASTER SHOW

Where do the years go. I remember being 7 or 8 and waking up early one Easter morning. Even though I am Seventh Day Adventist m...