Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Film and Stream Club: GODSPELL


On the last Easter Sunday, that WNEW Channel 5 from New York City was broadcast in my home town of Atlantic City, NJ, I finally saw the film GODSPELL.

I went to Christian Schools the first 7 years of life (shout out to my people from Modern Miracle and Cape May Court House SDA School.) This was the point in my life I actively sought out stuff to be offended by...so I felt that without ever watching a frame, GODSPELL was blasphemy.

At least I out grew that.

Watching GODSPELL in the bedroom I shared with my brother was a humbling experience.

I knew the story of Christ and had seen it acted out in so many Bible Drama's....but it was earth shaking to see the life of Christ....

See it acted out by someone at the time not even 10 years older than myself.

To see the life of Christ and his parables told all across The New York City I loved to visit.

To hear catching pop tunes with the message of ...Love God...Love Man...

And little did I know that this would be my last time....

Godspell came on WNEW every Easter for years and I blew it off...but in actual tears I said to myself...I will make sure I catch this next year...

By next year the cable company had removed WNEW and WPIX from our program options (and I still don't forgive you.)

I miss WNEW....and I learned the hard way to appreciate many different ways of telling a great story and to celebrate tradition.

In fact that's why there are at least four Gospel's in the Bible...

Now I'm going to see if I can find the whole thing streaming somewhere.....

Happy Easter



________________________
Thanks for watching
Please share
Please donate
a kind word
positive vibes
or a few dollars to
raymondctyler@gmail.com

___________________

Please support our sponsor

Please Continue To Shop at The Labelle Art Gallery online at
www.LabelleArtGallery.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FILM AND STREAM CLUB: DAVEY AND GOLIATH EASTER SHOW

Where do the years go. I remember being 7 or 8 and waking up early one Easter morning. Even though I am Seventh Day Adventist m...